3/12/2016

Napoleon Dynamite: Vinyl Idolz

I don't really remember when was the first time I saw Napoleon Dynamite, but I'm sure it took me years after it released for me to finally watched it. And when I first watched it I was like "Whaaa....?" and then I tried to watch again to have a better understanding about everything. But hey, I finally found out that this movie was pretty much needed no better understanding. The movie was simply  told us about the life of the quirky and socially-awkward 16 years old student named Napoleon and people around him. Not so much drama happened in the movie. I think that this movie is supposed to be a light, comedic and easy-to-digest type of movie.

One thing that this movie gave us was the character, Napoleon. Despite of the simple story, the character really stood out. Well, actually all the characters here were really stood out. From the way they look, their characteristic in the movie, the costumes they wore, all gave us a really memorable characters. Maybe this is the reason why the movie was a big success.

Since everyone got hooked by the movie, especially the characters, a lot of toy maker and designer out there made some toys or designs based on these. And when I found out that Funko were producing ones too, I don't wanna miss that out - Funko and designer named Kibooki were joining forces to make some of our fave characters in the movie "alive" in the toy line called Vinyl Idolz. So here I am, getting myself a pair of Napoleon Dynamite's characters in Vinyl Idolz, Napoleon and Pedro.




Let's take a closer look on Napoleon
What I like about Napoleon is definitely the shirt. And his hair, when I saw it from the back side, it reminded me of big blob of brain. Haha. Kinda creepy. The detail on Napoleon also nice. The glasses, headphones, Walkman, wrist watch, they are on point. Nice!

Now Pedro's turn
Not so many little details on Pedro, but one thing that interested me the most is that thing on his collar, whatever that thing you call it. I like the detail on it and the motive on the shirt also nicely done.

Alrighty!

Look how awesome they are. These two have no articulation at all. They are just simply for display on your table or wherever you wanna put it. I love how every character has the base to stand on but I have to admit it's quite give you a little struggle to put the character on top of the base (well, at least that's what happened to me). But once you put it, it stands perfectly. It's no wobbly at all so it's definitely great for display. As for paint job, these two that I got have a good one.

So, once again,  Vinyl Idolz is a toy line manufactured by Vinyl Sugar. Well, now Vinyl Sugar is already became a part of Funko, so yeah, you can say it's also manufactured by Funko. The designer of this line is called Kibooki. Try to see the personal social media or go to evilcorp.tv to see other design of this guy (or girl. I dunno the real identity). All the Vinyl Idolz characters are coming from our favorite movies, so this line is definitely a suitable line for me because I love toy and movie altogether. YEAH! Thank you, Kibooki, for making awesome design and Funko for making it came true.

If you wanna get yourself a Vinyl Idolz, you can check it online. I haven't seen it available in any store in Indonesia (yet...maybe), so I have to buy it online from USA. I got it from Entertainment Earth. These are the direct links for you if you are interested to buy
Napoleon Dynamite Napoleon Vinyl Idolz Figure Napoleon Dynamite Pedro Vinyl Idolz Figure

 Happy hunting!



Here's a video to really see a closer look:

No comments:

Post a Comment